Bliss is a viewed as a positive term and something we are constantly searching for. How far do we need to look?
My guess is bliss is there as long as I pay attention.
- spending the day doing something I love
- sipping wine on the deck, overlooking my palatial estate (the cowyard and back pasture)
- appreciating God’s creation wherever we go
- volunteering to help someone in need and feeling good about it
- eating a meal with the primary ingredients coming from my garden and meat raised locally
- remembering road trips
- when my grandaughter smiles at me
- my cozy bed at the end of the day
- a warm house during a raging blizzard and knowing your family is home and safe inside
- feeling as though our kids are doing well even if one lives in a college “Animal House” from the John Belushi era, another lives on the other side of the planet in another culture and the other is discovering the joys and challenges of parenting
I’m sure younger people, such as the young man in the image, have a list that is much more exciting than mine but this is my life and my list.
What’s on YOUR list?